Nobody messes with Joe? What exactly is Biden doing?

I thought Biden was going to oversee for fraud and waste in the Stimulus?

J. Russell George, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, questioned the eligibility of some 100,000 claims out of the 1.5 million who have sought to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit incorporated in the economic stimulus package enacted last February.

He said claimants include those who could possibly be illegal immigrants and that 580 people seeking $4 million from the first-time home buyer credit were under the age of 18. The youngest taxpayers receiving the credit were 4 years old, his office said.
The top Republican on the panel, Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr., of Louisiana, said that while the issue of extending the credit was not the purpose of the hearing, “every time Congress creates a new refundable credit … the incentive for fraud is magnified.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Biden? He be hiden!!! LOL

I bet the libs even forgot he was the other half of the ticket...and here they were worried about Palin!!!! LOL Obama....he's a one "man" show (plus 30or so BFF Czars)! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Do you think the government should do MORE to avoid and oversee programs to reduce waste/fraud? Apparently Joe Biden isn't enough..lol

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2010117480_apushomebuyerstaxcredit.html

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I thought Biden was going to oversee for fraud and waste in the Stimulus?

Like Cheyney was going to oversee terrorist activity? oopsie, he held NO meetings and NO INTEL briefings and BOOM, 9/11 happened
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Wow! I now have a new stimulus waste fave! 4 year olds home buyers!

It was Montana's state-run liquor warehouse to receive $2.2 million in stimulus cash to install skylights.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• What did Cheney do? Oh, yeah...he shot his hunting buddies in the face.
    That is the only thing I remember hearing about him the entire eight years he was in the white house/
    Anonymous

• Hey sweet, the here and now.. the HERE and NOW! Pay attention, remember Obama won in November 08 not Bush.

I am sure you cried rivers during Bush's crappy administration...so again the HERE and NOW!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Hey sweet, the here and now.. the HERE and NOW! Pay attention, remember Obama won in November 08 not Bush. I am sure you cried rivers during Bush's crappy administration...so again the HERE and NOW!

Its just so funny that you are complaining about this and not the loss of lives caused by teh last admin....lose no sleep over that one huh?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Apparently Biden isn't doing his job, but according to Sweet, it Bush's fault. Oh wait, Bush isn't president anymore.

Whether you think Cheney was lousy or not, THIS LANDS IN BIDEN'S LAP, and has nothing to do with the previous administration.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Hmmm, I have a couple of kids. Is that a couple of houses?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• lol crissy. They always wanna bring up the past when the present is so awful.its their first line of defense.
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2009