Have you ever assumed.......?

So when I hear songs I sometimes assume they are by a black man just by the style and voice. Then I google it and it's a white dude! Like..... Elliot Yamin, his one song that was on the radio a while ago I thought it was a black guy, googled him, nope a 100% white almost "jewish looking" guy. Then this new one "One Time" I thought it was a little black boy, wrong again.

I am 100% not racist, so don't even get started on that issue (my sister is 1/2 white, 1/2 black) I know "black" isn't PC, just answer the question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well i had the opposite thing happen, theres a country singer darius rucker who sings "alright" and i googled it and hes black i thought he was white haha it was funny im not racist either but i thought it was weird
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Well it sounds like you need to go back to school and learn how to use the right terms for speaking like an adult. You sound very uneducated.

Anonymous

• I beat you all didn't realize/know that Darius Rucker is also from Whooty and the Blow Fish.

Anonymous

-------

Because I said black? instead of african american? well really they aren't, they didn't come from Africa so they are just American. Should I call myself Polish-Irish-Italian American instead of white?

OP
    Anonymous

• I did the same thing as sweet lil mama, I assumed Darius Rucker was white, and he's African American. You don't see too many black men in country music, lol. He's great though, absolutely love his songs.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I beat you all didn't realize/know that Darius Rucker is also from Whooty and the Blow Fish.

Hmmmm... really? Huh, I had no idea either

OP
    Anonymous

Are you serious??? LOL I have heard many soungs that sounded like a white or black guy sung them but was wrong. Eduacation has nothing to do with it. Its what you are used to when it comes to style. I dont think this sounds racist at all.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• education i meant! lol bet anon had a field day with that one! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• lol steph.

anyways, yes. I thought Brittney Spears was black the first time i heard her music but didn't know who she was.
    And same with that black country singer. I do love his music.

And i agree with you OP. the boxes the government puts us in is sooooo stupid. i guess i'm German-Italian American. ...
    Really. ...anyone who lives in the United States ARE and SHOULD BE AMERICANS FIRST
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• So I wonder if the grammar nazi anon thinks Seal is African American?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2009