just read the stats about the swine...what r the side effects or the shot for an infant?

she goes back friday for her 2nd dose of the regular flu shot,would she be able to get the swine flu shot too?or will she have to wait? all the schools are closed up noth were family live and i herd its getting realy bad,people are walking out side with docters masks on.should i be geting worried? my 16month old was breastfed all the way up to 16months.so hoping her imune system is strong

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 8:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• The information from my state public health department is: if the child gets the nasal spray for either H1N1 or seasonal flu they CAN get the injection at the same time. They can also get the seasonal in one arm/leg and the H1N1 in the other arm/leg at the same time. What they can not get is the nasal spray for both at the same time, because you only have one nose, and they need two "injection sites".

If individual docs are saying something different, that is their own personal beliefs.

The known side effects are just like any ohter shot: possibly swelling/redness at the injection site, the child may be cranky (because the site is tender) and may develop a low grade fever (around 100) because of putting something "foreign" into the body.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The CDC has NO STATS on the swine flu. It's ALL A GUESS

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/21/cbsnews_investigates/main5404829.shtml

As for the shots. I am a non-vaxer but i would suggest ONLY getting the mercury free shots for your child.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I have been told that you CAN give both shots at once but has to be in seperate arms/legs
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• my son just got the H1N1 vaccine yesterday and we were advised he could not get the regular flu shot or any other vaccine until after his second dose of the H1N1 which is in a month.
    amymarie712

Answer by amymarie712 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2009