what's the longest your toddler will sit still?

Our nearly 14 month daughter just does not seem to stop! We had to leave church this afternoon because some people around us seemed to be giving us dirty looks - or maybe it was my imagination.....do I need to "train" her to sit still? The longest she will sit still is for a few minutes - is this normal? Should i just let her be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids sit still while engaged. I don't bring them to the adult church service because it's boring to them when we have a fun kids' program they can enjoy- they sit still watching a dvd, listening to a book on tape or a book I am reading, playing play-doh, painting, coloring (sometimes) or cutting and pasting.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Finger foods help. Also silent toys that she can play with things to keep her occupied while u attend church. Don't stop taking her she will learn give it some time
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Depends on the situation. There have been times 2 minutes was pushing it, but there are times they can sit still for a couple of hours.
    Anonymous

• my now 16month old has been this way very since she learned to crawl and sit by her self. she wont even sit still to eat,its crazy
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yeah i think as soon as my son learned to walk and then run he hardly ever sat still. If he was watching tv or a movie he would sit still for a little while but would have to get up and do his thing. Its amazing the energy they have, to bad we cant have it all the time either.
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I didnt know that they ever sat still!!!!!! hahahaha
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 1:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2009