If you are pagan, how to you celebrate Halloween? NO BASHING

NO BASHING PLEASE!! This is a serious question. I am pagan too and just wondering what everyone does.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 8:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• I'm going to take my boys out trick or treating. We will also discuss the dead on this day. We might possibly visit a cemetery.

Then after the boys are in bed i will do my own thing. A feast for the dead and hopefully (for me) a positive reconnection with my recently deceased mom.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We are going out TOT, I give out candy as well... We share stories about those that have passed and try to remember them. Since my kids are young they will most likely not be in to a scary flick yet, but I love them. Once everyone else goes to bed I have a small ritual to remember those passed and to celebrate the new year (Celtic new year).

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• We attend our local Halloween festival in the afternoon. Then we go to my parents house/neighborhood because no one will come down our dark and spooky street to trick or treat. We come home and have a Samhain feast. Similar to Thanksgiving. First we light the jack o lanterns, then a fire. We feast on bountiful foods from the harvest. Soup, breads, nuts, fruits, cakes, gourds etc. We set a plate for our deceased loved ones. Light a candle for each of them. We then share special memories of those we have lost. We write down all the negative events that happened in the last year, all the things we want to leave behind us. Then we put them into the fire. To keep them in the past. We say a blessing for the upcoming new year. At midnight we light an orange and black candle for prosperity, luck, happiness into the Celtic new year, then we toast our future. We stay up late watching movies. This year it is a Tim Burton marathon.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 8:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2009