How do you deal with it?

As I was with my first kid, I don't look pregnant, I just look like I am getting a little fatter around the midsection and have humongous boobs. So even though I am almost 8 months I get none of the "special pregnant woman" treatment from strangers even if I ask for some help or a seat on the bus. Heck, even the people I know and my hubby let it slip their mind because I don't have the unmistakable "bump" staring at them in the face.

I don't know where I was going with this, but I am starting to feel physically and emotionally worn down by feeling like I am "the only person that knows".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant with my first in the 8th month I swelled up horribly for the remainder of the pregnancy. Instead of looking pregnant, I looked like a short obese lady waddling around. Not only did I not get treated like a pregnant women, people discriminated against me because they thought I was fat. I even had people shut doors on my face at 9 months pregnant.

I feel your pain.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You are not the only one and I wish more people would step up and say so. It's happens to lots of women. Especially heavier women like myself. It bothered me too during my pregnancies but I just kept thinking about the beautiful baby I was carrying. And when that baby came all of those sad feelings about that something totally irreverent were gone.

Wishing you the best...I hope you wake up tomorrow morning with the biggest most noticable baby bump in history!! :))
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• That must be hard to not get the special attention you deserve...just try to think of all the bad things that come with being obviously big that you get to avoid.

- No strangers coming up to rub your belly.
    - Not everyone wanting to know, and horribly criticize, your birth plan.
    - Less back pain.
    - More room for your lungs to breath.

Good luck.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I guess I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum on this one... During my pregnancies I look like a planet! I've even had people ask HOW MANY babies I was having, not just when I was due. I guess there is a certain something that comes with "looking" pregnant, but trust me when I say that there's also a lot more that comes with it that is less than desirable. "Looking" pregnant doesn't necessarily warrant getting special treatment either... I look VERY VERY pregnant, and most people truly don't give a crap. lol Just be happy you don't have to deal with the negatives.
    MrsMoree

Answer by MrsMoree at 5:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009