Level 2 COPD??

A 47 year old friend went to the dr. for a checkup,and at the end of the check-up the dr. told her that her COPD was now at "level 2" which is considered moderate.The same doctor then told her if things didn't improve she could be dead within a couple of years! Is this an accurate statement? She was just wondering if she should get a second opinion or go based on what her dr. has said. If it makes a difference she also has diabetes,and asthma.The biggest thing that worried me was that she has all the sudden lost like 50 lbs.,and her face is starting to look sunken in.Any suggestions would be helpful,I suggested she gets a 2nd opinion,but just thought I'd see if there was anyone on here who suffers from COPD or knows a little more about it. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• Yes it is very serious. My dad had all those things and died a death from Pneumonia that could not be treated any longer.
    Anonymous