If court gets continued to give a certain partie time to get counsel, what happens if they show in court at the next date without counsel?

Explanation : My husband had court Sept 28th for his son in TN. BM & her Step Dad started off by stating that he was her Power of Atty, then they requested for a Guardian Ad Litem for herself because she is "simple minded", then asked for time to get counsel. Court was continued till November 5th. *Judge made specific note on case file for continuance based on defendant obtaining counsel* My husband has not been contacted by a lawyer, there is nothing on the case file stating that there is a lawyer on record on her behalf, nothing at all. If anyone has been through this certain situation please let me know what could happen? I do understand this is not legal advice just looking for the possibilities of what could happen. Thank You

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• No answers yet