how do i let parents know i'm babysitting now?

i have refrences, experience! but can't seem to find other parents that need babysitters and i know they have to be out there just don't know how to reach them! any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Add your name to the neighborhood newletter or newspaper with a bit about you, put it in the church bulletin. When you see moms at church and stuff, tell them you'll give them one babysitting job free! or That you'd be glad to come over and let her get some housework done (not necessarily leave) and you would be willing to spend an hour free getting to know the kids/ playing with them.

They'll love it and call you back again and again if you do your most excellent.

The 1st teen I had babysit scarred me! I didn't ever ask a teen who I was not related to again.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Try Craigslist and your local newspapers. And see if they'll let you post fliers at local gyms, laundromats, grocery stores, YMCAs, etc. And I saw someone once with a magnet on the side of her car advertising her home daycare, so that might be worth a shot.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I tried a few teens but gave up. The first smoked in the house even though we had said no smoking. The second had her boyfriend over even though we had said don't open the doors for anybody (outside of emergencies of course.) So if family couldn't sit, we just didn't go out.

I babysat a lot when I was a teen. My neighbors saw that I was taking my younger brother and sisters for walks, and soon they were all asking me, and the word got around the church, too.

Answer by Bmat at 10:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• well i got ads on craigslist, sittercity, care.com and on lets talk and my husband works at a prison so trying to get the word out but not making much headway you know and i got one girl shes just waiting to go to night shift then ill be taking care of her 2 kids so im hoping soon really soon me and my husband need the extra income!
    Anonymous

• are you babysitting or starting a day care??? I would advertise on craigslist and word of mouth is SUPER important. Also make up flyers and post them ALL OVER on any bulletin board you can. GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• If you are in Illinois, be sure that you are registered with the Daycare Action Council

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• im just babysitting to bring in that extra income plan on getting a babysitting liscense asap and i live in tx so im registered on there site
    Anonymous