Is there anything like the Knights of Columbus for women?

I have decided i would like to do more inside the church. I don't do much right now, I do volunteer to help kids get college money and I teach CCD but I would like to more.

The KoC is great and raises a lot of money for charities, is there a female version?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 10:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there's something called 'eastern star'....not sure what it is, but i think its the female 'version', of sorts.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• actually, i think you have to have some affiliation with masonic-stuff..as in be a wife/daughter, etc..i'm don't think this has anything to do with church, though. i'm tired..not thinking well. lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Some KoC chapters have a women's auxillary called the Columbiettes but not all of them do.  Some dioceses also have a Catholic Daughters of the Americas.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• thehairnazi - I think you might be confusing the Knights of Columbus (a Catholic organiziation) with the Masons/Freemasons. They're two very different things. The Easter Star is assoicated with the Mason, not the KoC.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Thank you for your responses. I am tired so I think I am going to call it a night.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yeah, i know that..that's why i said i didn't think it had anything to do with the church.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Katty- there is also a women's group called The Legion of Mary. They get together for fellowship and to pray the rosary, and they usually do quite a bit of outreach for the community. I wish we had something like that here.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2009