What is a must in your childs diaper bag?

Just had my baby shower today. I got a way cool diaper bag. I plan on breastfeeding so other than diapers what do I put in it? should I put bottles just in case?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• all i put in my diaper bag are diapers, wipes, 2 extra outfits including socks, 2 bibs, burp cloth, the 3 divider thing of formula (not for you though lol) 2 bottles and 2 bottled waters
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• With breastfeeding don't plan for "just in case" because that set you up for failure.

In your diaper bag pack diapers, wipes, 2 extra outfits (one warm one and one small one), a burp rag, nasal aspirator, a recieving blanket, a nursing cover if you want to cover up (but remember you don't have to!! It's up to you!), extra nursing pads, lanisol in the beginning if your nipples are sore, and a bottle of water for yourself because you can get REALLY thirsty in the first few days of nursing.
    Anonymous

• I breastfeed and in my diaper bag I have: diapers, wipes, a wetbag (I'm terrible about not catching her when she pees during changes), extra set of clothes, a hooter hider (nursing apron), receiving blanket that I use for different stuff, burp cloth. I think that's about it, other than my wallet and cell phone.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I agree with Anon:09. No reason to bring bottles as it just sets you up for failure.

Bring wipes and a change of clothes. Don't forget the socks, especially if you have a boy, LOL. When my boys had accidents, somehow they usually ended up with pee on the socks. Water for you, and maybe a receiving blanket. That's pretty much all I ever used.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I breastfeed.
    Diapers, wipes, a few plastic bags, like 5 changes of clothes...
    That's pretty much it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• when i first had my daughter i kept: diapers wipes, a little medicine bag (w mine and hers), everything that would have been in my purse, a lite blanket, nursing cover, extra nursing pads, one bottles worth of fromula, an extra outfit, 3 bibs, socks, 2 hats, a sweater, tons of burp clothes, changing pad.

now its diapers, wips, med bag, snacks and a sippy cup.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Definitely have diapers, wipes, change of clothes, bib/burp cloth, blanket, etc. Put in anything that you need for breastfeeding, such as a cover, nursing pads, etc. Also, the medicine bag is a good idea. I always put a different medicine bag in for each of the kids. If you plan on having your SO/DH feed the baby while you're out, or if you plan on supplementing with formula, I'd suggest packing a bottle and the milk/formula you'll need. I always make sure that there is extras of everything in my bag, because you never know when you will need it (and it's come in handy a few times).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Besides the above, I always carried an extra t-shirt for myself--I always ended up with either an exploded diaper or spit-up on me. I also carried a small snack for myself--bottle of water & and an apple or crackers.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2009