Whats in your diaper bag?

Just had my baby shower today. I got a way cool diaper bag. I plan on breastfeeding so other than diapers what do I put in it? should I put bottles just in case?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Diapers always :) of course lol wipes, baby tylonal, diaper rash cream, 2 extra sets of clothes cause you never know when you will need both :) a couple small toys and a burp cloth and an extra binkie
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Absolutely put bottles just in case! Once when I was brestfeeding, I forgot a bottle, called my boyfriend in a panic and he said "but you got 2 right there in front of you". I'll tell you like I told him...you don't want to be caught in public with no way to feed your baby except for pulling up your shirt. You never know, what if your baby is hungry while you are in line at the DMV? Don' set yourself up. It's having a plan.

Also include weater permitting extra clothes, wipes (both wet and dry), bibs, a blanket no matter the time of year, diaper rash creme, and lotion. Hope that helps.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yes always one bottle and i kept an emergency single pack of formula.baby wipes 3changes of clothes burpcloths diaper cream good luck
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• oh and yes i breastfed also but always kept a little packet of formula just in case :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I just had twins and I pack my bag with handsanitizer and a can of lysol. If I am out in public I sanitize before I touch my babies and I also lysol tables before we eat and public changing tables. If you are planning to stricty breastfeed I wouldn't worry about the bottles besides even if you plan to do both they discourage bottlefeeding for a few weeks to avoid nipple confusion.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 10:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• As a breastfeeder, I never carried a bottle. We didn't go out of the house for long periods of time until we had breastfeeding down. It is especially easy if you wear a button down shirt with an undershirt and a sling. Nobody ever knew I was breastfeeding in public.
    I carry a burp cloth, several diapers, wipes, a small blanket, and a change of clothes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I BF'ed both of my boys and it never occurred to me to have a bottle, lol. I never needed it. Generally a binky sufficed or if we were out longer than planned, I'd feed them in the car before going in. In my bag currently I have a change of clothes for my oldest (potty training), diapers, wipes, snacks, bandaids, tylenol, aspirin for me, camera and toys. Prob a few other things too that are always there so I don't even remember them til I need them.

For younger babies, def a change of clothes or two, blanket, diaper cream, spare binky, tylenol, mylicon or gripe water, socks and a toy or two along with diapers and wipes. Spare shirt and breast pads for you (or at least in the car).
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 11:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I always brought along a bottle of pumped breast milk until I got comfortable NIP. Extra diapers, wipes, diaper ointment, hand sanitizer, a cloth diaper or burp rag, 1-2 changes of clothes, extra socks, 1-2 blankets and/or a changing pad, extra nursing pads, Mylicon, Infant Tylenol and a couple of toys. When the baby starts teething you'll want teething rings and some Baby Orajel. And down the line you'll want to carry snacks and a training cup. Don't forget a bottle of water and a snack for yourself, you don't want to be stuck somewhere hungry or thirsty.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 11:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Why would a breastfeeding mom need bottles when she is with her baby?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2009