wow! have you ever been kicked out a group for voicing your opinion?

I am pretty annoyed right now. Some mom who just so happened to be the group owner came on saying how she finally made a decision about getting the H1N1 for her and her kids. Well I don't believe it's safe and I don't want her going on there spreading information making people think it's safe so I voiced my opinion about it. I did not bash her choice what so ever, just stated my opinion and why I am not getting it for me or my family. I think people should know both sides. Anyway...so I got a nasty email and a boot from the group...so i'm guessing maybe she's feeling guilty for getting it and is now taking it out on me...this ever happen to any of you...I personally think it's BS that you can't voice your on opinion in a group that you are very active in. If it's not her way...it's the highway as we've butted heads in the past about something very STUPID.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope not yet, but I have gotten a nasty email befor for speaking my mind
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 11:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Her group, her choice - cold as that sounds, it's the truth and why there are so very many groups on CM that are nearly identical. Besides, it sounds like maybe this wasn't the group for you since you've butted heads before and she did you a favor by ending the relationship for you. I'm sorry it happened, it's sad when it does, but there are many other groups to choose from, so I'm sure you'll find a similar one to join to take its place. Hugs!
    Anonymous

• Nope obviously not the group for me and I did find another I just applied to. Just makes me mad that she thinks she can control people for not thinking her way and for the fact that I knew a lot of those ladies and their babies and I enjoyed hearing about them and seeing pictures. She sent me an email saying that her post wasn't up for debate. I wasn't debating anything just stating my opinion as did 2 ladies ahead of me who agreed with her, which was fine...I even ended my post with, "I'm glad you did your own research and decided that it was best for you and your family to get immunized. It's a hard decision for a lot of people right now." Before that it was about 1st trimester ultrasounds and she said she hopes she gets one...I said they always do them...I have worked for the military for 6 years and they ALWAYS do them. I had no idea otherwise that out in town some civilian doctors don't. I said thanks for pointing Cont...
    Anonymous

• that out and that if and when I ever got pregnant again I would make sure I found a doctor that did. So me acknowleding to her that I had no idea what civilians did, wasn't good enough she even had to go as far as making a poll to prove me wrong and then took me off her admin without even telling me. I have worked in navy medicine for 6 years, Family med, peds, and OB/GYN...I think I know a thing or 2 more about medicine than she does however if I am wrong I have no problem admitting it! So just venting I guess! besides if she was that confident in her decision to vaccinate what does she care that I don't?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• others dont like to be talked back to so they do what they want to deal with it thier way.

i once had said in a group that i took my son to a therapist for his ADHD and had him on pills then took him off of pills cause i thought he didnt need it anymore. one girl said she only thinks we all should do what we are told to do cause maybe they were more professional then us..idk. so i replyed, not giving reasons or fighting and said " you know i was talking about myself right?" so there was no reply from her but in your case she might of took things to extreme
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yes, I did. It cracked me up. It was supposedly a group that doesn't kick people out, but I said one thing and BAM, I'm out. I didn't even think it was bad. Whatever ladies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2009