how much do you spend?

each week for groceries? i seriously need to get in check with my shopping habits. so how much do you spend, how big is your family and what do you usually get?

naturepeace

Asked by naturepeace at 11:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have a 3 y/o and a 2month old then there is me & my dh...we spend anywhere from 60 to 100 bucks a week depending on what we need
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• There are 3 kids ages 10, 8, & 4 and 2 adults in our house and I usually spend about $100 a week.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 11:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• For 3 adults & one teenage boy I spend about $200/month. It used to be more, but I learned to buy in season, stock up on things that I use often that are on sale, use coupons properly & we do without something until it's time to make the next grocery run (I shop every two weeks).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i go on one big shopping trip for canned goods, meats, juices, frozen things, and of course our essential foods like eggs, bread, milk, fresh fruits and veggies. i spend between 120- 150 on these days. then i make weekly trips to pick up more bread, milk, eggs and produce, spending about $15 or so. there are 3 of us in my family.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• For 6 of us, I average $200-$400 per MONTH. It all depends on the sales - I stock up on our basics when they're on sale, so one month I may buy a ton of one thing, but then not have to buy it again for a month or two. I only have to fill in the oddball things then, and still usually try to get them on sale. I buy a lot of generics (we've found that many things are just as good, if not better, than name brand). I also don't buy meat at the grocery store - once a year we slaughter our own (buy the animal, bring it to the locker to be processed). Hubby hunts when he can, which helps too. And in the summer, we have a huge garden.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I shop every 2 weeks for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teens who eat 3 meals a day/7 days a week here...my teens come home for lunch & my hubby takes a lunch to work) and we spend approx. $600 a month on just food. I hit sales and use coupons, if I didn't I would probably spend about $300 more a month. I don't buy freezer foods or boxed foods, I make everything fresh and from scratch. I make supper every night, no fast food here. We don't buy soda or junk food. All of us snack on fresh fruits and veggies and we have vegetables every night at supper (no canned or frozen veggies, fresh only).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I spend about $150 every 2 weeks (and make small trips for milk and produce every week...that's usually no more than $20) for a family of 4 and that INCLUDES diapers, wipes, paper towel, etc. I'm the Coupon Queen! I hit sales, with coupons and I buy generic everything (there is NO difference except price) unless the sale is better than the generic price. I also cook from scratch (save for things like cereal) for our meals. I will admit that I cheat and use frozen veggies sometimes, but I try to use only fresh. I also make what I can at home...I make my own bread, pizza dough, spaghetti sauce, rolls, etc. If I can make it at home, from scratch, I do!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• For a family of 5 we spend about $250 - $300 per week.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 3:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• $100-$150 per week for a family of 6.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2009