Has anyone ever heard of a 'crack baby'?

I was wonderring if it is possible to have a baby that has problems with it, if your SO was using? If my bf was doing crack/cocaine around the time I got pregnant could there be anything wrong with my baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Apparently in some cases the drug can attach itself to the sperm. But this isn't always the case. You should talk to your doctor so he/she can know what to look for in your baby. Your child won't be like a crack baby with all of its severities. You have reason to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! Just talk to the doctor so they are well informed.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i think it is considered a "crack baby" when the pregnant mother uses throughout the pregnacy. if this is a concern of yours, you should talk to your doctor.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• that is sad... in high school i took parenting and they brought the "baby think it over" babies and one was a crack baby , the baby cried and shook a lot, it was underweight, extremely irritable. i hope the best for your baby and definetly talk to your doctor.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 12:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• If you were not the one using the drugs I would think your baby would be fine.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I worked with a brother and sister that were crack babies and fetal alcohol syndrome ( I teach severe special education at a middle school). It was really really sad. I think the big problem is if the mother was using.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I knew a couple, mom was clean, but dad was a pot/cocain user. The baby was born retarded and with severe physical disbilities, so i think it's possible. i would talk to your doctor, maybe there are prevtative things you can do to keep baby healthy, idk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2009