1st birthday party ideas

I'm trying to plan my son's 1st birthday party and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on what kind of activities I should have. Should I even have activites? There will be young children there ages 3-7. What did you do for your child's 1st birthday? Was it simple, over the top? Need to know what the norm is. Cause leave it to me to go hog wild.....

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We didn't do any activites. Just cake and presents. Birthdays are times for family and friends to celebrate the birthday kid. I did his cake in what his room was-baby looney tunes. I did that again this year. Keeps it easy.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I didn't do any activities either, just put out toys and let the kids play. You could put out some things for the kids if you want, since some of them will be older. Maybe some coloring pages or something like that. A piñata might be fun. The older kids could hit it, and you could let the younger ones do it with assistance, and then the adults could finish it off.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• We kept it REALLY simple! Big tip - don't have any expectations! We had a BBQ, had some friends over, and let him squish a cake.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009