Stinky wet shoe problem...

Hi Ladies, my son has a pair of sneakers that got wet in the rain last week. I stuffed newpaper in them and set them out to dry like I always do but they developed a really bad smell to them. Not like stinky feet mind you... it almost smells like cat pee but we don't have a cat and they were never set outside so I don't think it is. I went ahead and washed them in the washing machine but they still reek! It's the outside dyed leather/suede part that smells, not the inside. Suggestions please? Thanks you!

momrocks1000

Asked by momrocks1000 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• baking soda!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• with shoes like that once they get fully wet, they never dry throughly enough to not stink. i think you might have to buy him a new pair.
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I thought of that rkoloms, but what?? Sprinkle it all over them? Then wash them again? Not sure.... and yeah, I realize I will probably have to replace them but I thought it was worth a shot.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2009