How many times did you go into pre/false labor before you actually went into labor?

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had false labor 4 times. Also 4 times is the max for them to stop your labor. I had false labor 2 nights in a row and delivered the next late afternoon in my car. Is this your first? I have had 4 kids.
    TummyPrincess

Answer by TummyPrincess at 1:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• this is my first. yesterday i had false labor a second time... first time was 35 weeks and they gave me a shot to stop the contractions. second was yesterday. i called the hospital (instructions from my dr.) and told them my situation and they said that they thought i was in early labor and gave me the instructions accordingly. now, i'm beginning to have contractions again, but a little stronger and closer than yesterdays. i walked a lot today and wore out my hubby so i'm hoping this is real.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• ughhh! like at least twice a week for 1 1/2 months! The hospital nurses actually recognized us and knew our life story by the time I went into real labor (my "false labor" had me stuck at 5cm dilated for a month too)
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• btw, i'm now 39 weeks
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• 0. I never felt a single thing until the real thing hit. I was beginning to think I'd NEVER have her! lol. I didnt have so much as one BH the whole time. I finally went into labor on my own at 42w 2d.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Never, i never even had braxton hicks with either pregnancy, both babies were born in the 39th week.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009