you are at a park with your young childrena and you see another child in need of help, maybe getting beat up or someone is trying to kidnap? what do u do??

I ask because of course the first thing that comes to mind for most is go help. But do most people really do that? Would u leave ur own child at the playground to help another not too far away? What do u honestly think you will do? Help them after they were beaten up or try to stop that from happening? Or if it was a kidnapper, would u grab that child? Let's say the child Is 7....

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes, I would help. And I can only hope that others would do the same for my child.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would hand the phone to my 9 year old and tell her to call the police, then I would start screaming bloody murder, and shouting for help for the child. If there are rocks or something I can throw at a distance at the person hurting that child I will! but I also got to get in mind the safety of my own children as well.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i would help i would run after them but if its far away i would call the police for help and hopefully get a good description of the person and the vehicle they was driving and if it was someone beating a kid up i would go over there and help the kid out or just yell at them to knock it off...
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 1:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• interesting question. kinda depends on a few things i guess, like how busy the park is (if busy, i'd call 911 and start screaming for others to help too, if not, i'd have to think of my son's safey too), if i am there with another person (to leave my son with), if my car is close enough to put my son in and lock the doors. But i would definately do something to try to help the child.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'd grab my kid and run over if another child was being kidnapped. If a child was being beat up, it would depend on the situation. I would definitely call 911, but if it was like a gang fight, I'm not walking in with a three year old.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would scream my head off if someone where trying to kidnap a kid. I'd grab my LO and run after them with my kid in my arms. I'd try to get any details I could if it is too far away to stop it. I wouldn't want to leave my little child unattended but it's not that hard to scoop him up and take him with me. If he were big enough that I was confident that he could play on the equipment without falling then I wouldn't be so worried.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2009