Are ultrasounds accurate?

I went to the er yesterday cause i had some bleeding and they did an ultrasound and said i was less then 5 weeks ....I was suposed to be 5 weeks and 3 days i told them how can i findout i was pregnant at 2 weeks? My last period was sept 15.. On ultra sound i saw thegestional sac and yolk sac could it be cause it was early to be accurate? I just need answers i dont really understand has anything happend to you like that and you were what you really were and they were wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no they arent always accurate. its very hard in the early stages of pregnancy because there isnt a fetus to measure anything BUT im not saying u arent right i found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks had an ultra sound done and saw the sac ect went bk 2 weeks later and they said i was 7 weeks 6 days. when my first ultrasound said 5 weeks exactly so u can see where they arent accurate
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I was 6 weeks and 3 days FOR SURE at my first ultrasound and they told me I was only 5 weeks even. I freaked out, of course, but turns out I was right and the ultrasound was wrong. They are wrong A LOT.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• yea early stage pregnancy is very difficult for them in an ultrasound if they dont have a head yet of the baby to measure...that is how they get the most accurate timeframe.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I was told by my doctor that they can have a error of + or - one week.
    TanyiCaresse

Answer by TanyiCaresse at 10:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009