How to I make my two year old understand I will come back to her?

I am an only parent in the Army. I leave for training soon and I have a long list of things I have done to try and make it easier for her but I would like to know some of your ideas. Any ideas. I am sure I will try them all. Shucks I am even writing a Children's book for her. Which sounds easier then it is. But I need more ideas. Please help me! I love my baby and I am doing this to help both of our lives!

mamamouze

Asked by mamamouze at 1:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my husband left for korea i made a book with pictures of him together with his son.
    You might also try getting a tape recorder of some kind or video recorder and make a half a dozen videos or more of you talking to her. My son LOVES to watch videos of his dad and even though he's almost 4 now and he understands that it's just a video he still talks to them. It's really cute.

It will be hard for her. But when you leave, and then come back she will remember next time, when you leave that you will come back.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• All you have to do is make some really cute home videos.Make a wake up video. A play time video whre you and she are playing together. Song videos. Silly videos. A night time video. And even dinner videos of you and her together eating her favorite foods. You know how on Dora or Blues Clues the character will ask the kid a question and then pause for an answer? Well you can do that! Rotate the videos. When you come back she will know who you are! :)
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 2:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• make recordings of yourself reading her favorite books and singing her favorite songs

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2009