Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the US just give away a whole bunch of H1N1 vaccine?

I am not promoting it. I would not get that even if it was available. BUT, for those who did want it are you upset that we gave away vaccines before all our citizens were vaccinated? I mean if this was such a huge deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously wound it surprise u? This country is so quick to help other countries before their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I agree, anon! We do so much for everybody else in the world, and leave our own to struggle through somehow....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Just because something is in short supply and Americans who need it desperately can't get it, is of no concern to our elected officials. We HAVE to look charitable and loving and generous to our foreign supporters. F*** the American citizens.
    This is not directed at just the present elected officials, but every single one of them in the last 60 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• They probably gave the vaccines away because they really aren't needed here. the strain that will really do people in hasn't been identified and consequently there is no vaccine for it. The government just won;t admit that the H1N1 hype was really basically a hoax--and 100's of thousands of people got a shot, without knowing the short and long term consequences, because they were instructed to do so!

100% of the flu cases in California are being counted as Swine Flu, when in reality only about 2% are actually Swine Flu! That ought to tell you something! (scroll down to pie charts)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The thing with swine flu is the most at risk are kids. Very few adults have actually had it. My son didn't get the vaccine and he's not going to. I don't understand why the US thinks that it's ok to help other countries instead of their own. Please tell me they didn't give any to Mexico? Those people get enough from us when they cross the border illegally.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• It's a sad state of affairs.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would love to see this same outcry to let other nations fend for themselves next time our government gets a bug up its ass to go nation-building. Why is it when we are being globally *responsible* Cafe Mommers get all up in arms, yet it's a-okay to intervene using our military?
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 10:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• omg if you don't like America or the way we do things then GET OUT seriously.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 10:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Tashtitz, you are ignorant. maybe you run from your problems but us real americans dont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'm a real American. THANKS
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2009