Birth Control Advice, please??

Hey ladies! I need birth control advice! My son is now a week old, and I really need to find something!! With a 2 year old a new born, Im really not wanting anymore babies any time soon, but eventually we might want more...

Heres my problem:
Im horrible at remembering to take pills
I bled for almost 6 months on the depo, and I won't do that again
I had the mirena and it began to implant, no way in hell will I get that thing again

So if you have any advice for any type of birth control that I can take while breastfeeding, that doesn't include the pill, depo, or mirena, I would appreciate it!

livingrlovesong

Asked by livingrlovesong at 1:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a fan of condoms. Me and my boyfriend use them even though I'm on Nuva Ring. You might try a diaphram. I'm not sure how effective they are, but I've heard of them being really good.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• FAM. Fertility Awareness Method. And ecological breastfeeding for the first six months. Get the book Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Totally worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• This is probably a really dumb question, sorry its late where I am, but what is FAM? Is that like charting your cycles and that type of thing?
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• For christ sake if you don't want anymore kids don't do FAM or NFP. And you can get pregnant while breastfeeding.

I'm on Nuva Ring and I've had no side effects with it. No bleeding or headaches and I can take it out anytime I please. I'm not sure if you can be on it and still breastfeeding, something to check out.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/fam.htm

Looks that way.. Probably not a good way to NOT get pregnant...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yes, it's watching your cervical mucus for signs of fertility, taking apropriate action to avoid pregnancy during that time (wether you choose to abstain or you choose to use a barrier method). You confirm ovulation through temperature. I like it because it gives me insight into my body's inner workings as well as helping me prevent pregnancy (or achieve it, as the case may be).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Thanks! I was just looking at Nuva Ring, and it said not to take it while your breastfeeding. Which is something that I refuse to give up, and I know that you can get pregnant while doing it! ;) Thats why im here. :)
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yes it is. And I think it's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Especially if your cylces are a bit off-which they might be for awhile since you just gave birth.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• lol. My cycles have always been off. Thats why that FAM thing wouldn't work for me!
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Ecological breastfeeding IS a form of birth control. And FAM is very effective when used properly.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2009