What do you think about someone inviting all of their Facebook friends to their shower?

A girl that I've only spent time with twice (a friend of a friend) invited me to her baby shower.. for her second child (first is only a year old).. on facebook.. with a caption "Everyone's invited!"

It just seems odd to me. My shower was just close friends and family. Is it just odd, or is that strange?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She just wants more gifts.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Oops, I meant is this odd or is it just me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I think it is intended for people who want to go. So if you don't know her well enough, or are going to be snarky because it is her second baby, DON"T GO.
    Just because you are invited somewhere doesn't mean you have to attend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'm actually not going because my parents are coming into town that weekend. I just think it's odd to invite someone you barely know.. I can overlook the second child thing (not something I'm used to, but to each his own).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I invited everyone to my child's birthday party... it didn't mean that I wanted more gifts, but that if someone that I haven't seen in a long time wanted to come, I wanted them to be able to come.

Plus, it's easier to get the word out via facebook than mailing out invitations when I don't even have everyone address.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• If they're all friends she knows in real life and they live within 100 miles or are willing to travel to be apart of their friend's special occasion..I dom't see a problem. Maybe she meant everyone as in everyone that can attend is invited. Does that make sense?
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I agree with Cavalrybaby's last statement! That's prob what she was doing, it is a lot easier that way.
    =]
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• It's no big deal. I invited 100+ to my baby shower, maybe 50 showed up? And heck yea I wanted more gifts!!! But I also wanted to see people and we bought a shit ton of food. Some people also just love babies and baby showers. To each his own! lol
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 10:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2009