What do other mommies do in a situation of having to use a public bathroom and no one to hold the baby?

What do other moms do? I go out with our baby by myself often and have had times where I have to use the bathroom, but have no where to put the baby. I know it seem gross, but I have had to just hold him on my lap. Do other moms do this? I don't think I have ever seen a woman come out of a stall holding a baby. I try to avoid this situation as much as possible, but sometimes you just can't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a sling and I use that, so I bring the baby in with me. Or I push the baby in a stroller and then wheel the baby into the stall with me.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i put the seat cover and held my baby i guess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• carseat .... carrier..... stroller.... or if it's a TEENY newborn and wont roll over, toss down and then trash a receiving blanket on the ground

or go into a handicapped with a changing station and stash (a non rolling) baby on it while you do your business
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• and after 6 months of course...........

http://www.mommysentials.com/babykeeperbasic.htm
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• and of course these are popping up in more malls and dr's offices

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I always just held my baby. I was a single mom and most of the time I wasn't pushing around a stroller or lugging around an infant carrier. And I certainly did not have the cash to throw away receiving blankets.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I wear him in my wrap.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Sat him on my changing pad on the floor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I have had to push my son in a shopping cart into the handicap stall with me. I didn't have a stroller with me, and didn't want him to run around the stall touching everything. Or if there is no one in the bathroom, I leave him in the cart and leave the stall door cracked to see him.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Baby sling :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2009