Why does my son hate pooping

he goes into another room to go poop and if you walk in on him he gets mad and tells you to go away hes pooping and wants nothing to do with the potty

michellej135

Asked by michellej135 at 3:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my lil brother had the same problem. some kids just dont like the way it feels. my brother would go pee on the potty but would ask my mom to put a diaper on him when he pooped. we took him to the dr and the dr said it was just something he would have to get used to.
    noliesjusslove

Answer by noliesjusslove at 4:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i am 20 years old and i still hate pooping lol even though i am very comfortable with my husband i dont like him to be anywhere near the bathroom and i have to turn the water on, i just want to die if i have to "go" anywhere except home (im ok with it at my parents house though lol) idk if im a germaphobe but i always feel so dirty afterwards and hate for my hubbs to touch my bottom area afterward and i always want to take a shower. i have ALWAYS been like this! im very self-concious (sp?) about it.

maybe he will grow out of it though, who knows, i didnt
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Danette624, I was just about to say the same thing! Only I'm 41!
    Is he constipated or is pooping painful to him? If not, then a friend of mine insists that going pantsless for a few days helped her with this same problem.
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 11:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would put the potty somewhere he feels comfortable, and let him know he can poop there in peace!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son does the same thing. When I walk in on him he gets mad and tells me "not to see him". I think my son does that cuz when he was little and pooped in his diaper everyone used to say oh look at his face cuz it would get all red as he was going. So I think that he carried that impression on when he starting going on the toilet and doesnt want anyone making fun of him. I dont see it as a bad thing tho, at least I am glad he doesnt invite the whole house into the bathroom for the event.
    wendydeb7

Answer by wendydeb7 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• ha ha this sounds like my daughter i thought she was just being silly but she hates pooping she will pee in the potty all day but when it comes to pooping she will run around the house yelling and squeezing her but and just acting hilarious and after she poops in the potty she say mommie get it get it. and i boo boo ha ha so funny

mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 7:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My DD hates pooping because she doesn't like that it is dirty.

We bought her flushable wipes and she lathers herself up afterward with soap, rinses, and then hand sanitizer.
    Anonymous