i burnt my belly slightly while cooking a roast the juices splashed up on me....will this do any harm to my baby ?

ash861

Asked by ash861 at 4:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. Your baby is well protected in layers and layers of tissue and liquid. The only way anything hot would hurt your baby is if your belly were completely submerged in liquid hot enough to raise your body temperature to unsafe levels. (IE: A really hot bath or hot tub / jacuzzi ect.)
    MrsMoree

Answer by MrsMoree at 5:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Just a surface skin burn, right? Should not bother baby at all! Keep it clean and be sure it doesn't get rubbed open or infected and you'll be fine.
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 5:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• No. It would take a lot to hurt your baby inside of you. He or she is safe and sound! That baby has a lot of cushioning to protect him or her from the outside world!
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 6:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• No, he/she is well protected from a surface burn/injury.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The BABY is not hurt in any way, but YOU are more prone to infections and other things than you normally are when not pregnant. If it's more than just a little pink, esp. if there is any blistering I would advise you to check with your doctor on Monday, just in case. (Always better safe than sorry.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• well your not the only one, I've done the same thing! you and your baby should be fine.
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The first poster took the words right out of my mouth, er, fingers..haha. Hope you're not hurting from it, though! Good luck and congrats on the little one. =D
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 8:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• A surface burn wouldn't hurt your baby. I have burned my belly a couple of times with the iron. No more ironing in a robe that doesn't close over my big belly anymore.LOL
    grouchymama

Answer by grouchymama at 8:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Oh man I burned my belly with boiling water when I was about 7 months pregnant. I put a little milk on the burn and all signs of it were gone in a couple days. Just keep it clean and you'll be fine!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Really?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009