Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you know what qualifications /degrees to be a guidance counselor?

particularly interested in doing this at a elementary/middle/highschool in the ny/nj area. i have a BA in English from a well regarded college in NYC. Thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • I think you need to have a bachelor's or master's in psychology and probably a teacher's license.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

  • You need to have a masters degree in counseling.

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

  • You will need a Masters in Counseling preferably in School Counseling.

    Answer by FL2AK at 5:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.