Food, Diapers, Wipes, Clothes, Toys. What else goes in the baby's bag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This would be a HUGE bag.

With a breastfed baby you can throw a diaper in your purse and go!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• bottles, snacks, extra pacifier, a bottle of water to rinse things if they fall, bandaids if you're going to the playground
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• And a change of clothes. Babies are always spitting up or having poop explosions. Also extra socks and a jacket. I keep an inexpensive jacket for each kid in my car because in TX it can be warm one minute then chilly the next.

Also, hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes (to wipe down tables and high chairs at restaurants). After age 7 months, I don't go any where without a sippy cup of water.

Gas drops, teething tablets, and anything you think that will entertain baby if you're stuck waiting somewhere.

If you're BFing, I pack extra breast pads and a nursing privacy cover.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would include any meds the baby is taking, and a change of clothes for yourself. When my kids were babies, they always managed to spill, pee and/or poop on me somehow! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Also breastpads and an extra shirt for you if you're bfing and you may be out for a long period and may leak
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Disposable bibs and disposable changing pads - LOVE EM! Makes things much easier!
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I also put some medicines, bibs, extra blankets and a changing pad(portable).
    Isabella.Cox

Answer by Isabella.Cox at 10:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Ditto this:

"Disposable bibs and disposable changing pads"
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Depends on where you are going and for how long. It also depends on the age of the baby. Little babies need different things than toddlers. I always have 2 diaper bags (one large and one small) and took one of them based on where we were going and for how long. We took the small one most places if we were only going to be gone a few hours. I included diapers, wipes, extra set of clothes, bib, diaper cream, hand sanitizer, snack, pacifier, burp cloth (as a baby). My DS was BF so i didn't need bottles, but if you formula feed, you'll need bottles and formula and water. If they're older, you'll need sippy cup. If you're going to be gone longer, you might need a blanket, PJs, plastic bags to put dirty diapers.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• qtips,e use them to get boggers out,its alot easier then a sucker. extra clothes,empty cup
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2009