Will Bush Jr. be a great motivational speaker?

By Nick Allen in Los Angeles
Published: 10:36PM BST 23 Oct 2009
George W. Bush is embarking on a new career as a motivational speaker
Mr Bush will speak at an event in Fort Worth, Texas on Monday

On Monday, the former US president - whose policies inspired millions of Americans to vote Democrat in the 2008 election- will headline at a popular Get Motivated programme, appearing at a seminar about, among other things, "How to master the art of effective leadership".

Mr Bush's wars in Afghanistan and Iraq provoked widespread criticism, and his steering of the US economy drew censure. But he is likely to be paid around $100,000 (£61,000) for a 40-minute speech on his experiences as leader of the free world - so he may yet have the last laugh.
link below:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the question is will he be a great motivational speaker, not can he make money doing it...

He is not a very good public speaker as we all saw while he was in office. He could do a lot of things now that he is done being president, but I don't think being a motivational speaker should be at top of his list...

He may do better at writing or something.

Also people are WAY more likely to listen to him speak and to pay to hear him in TX. That's HIS state and it's also a very conservative state. I don't think he would make as much money speaking in say, Oregon or California?
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 10:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• If Bill Clinton can do it, why not? I'm sure Obama will be able to print money after his term as a motivational speaker!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I think the person who wrote the article needs to realize that the wars in Afghanistan/Iraq are being fought for us. Aren't "Bush's wars". They were voted on in the Congress and approved as our Constitution requires. As far as his ability to speak as a motivational speaker, he will probably do ok. If you are willing to listen to Jimmy Carter, you can listen to Bush.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• "the wars in Afghanistan/Iraq are being fought for us. Aren't "Bush's wars"."

Thanks for the clarification!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yea, if Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Almarosa( The Apprentice) can book speaking engagements, then there is no reason George W shouldn't do it. The beauty of America, if there is a demand for his words~ he will succeed. Otherwise, who cares. He doesn't have a say in the CURRENT state of our nation. Obama is doing ALL that spending, flip-flopping, and lack in decision making purely on his own. jmo :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Most presidents do this. It's not surprising.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The only thing Bush could motivate me to do by listening to him is open a bottle of wine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• anon :38 If you are the OP, I really wasn't talking to you personally. I was making a comment about Nick Allen's obviously more of the blame Bush for the War of 1812 type speech. Unless, you aren't Nick Allen are you?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I didn't care for him as a President but think he is a good guy. I would pay to hear him speak. I did vote for Obama would not pay to hear him speak. I agree with him on policies but find him a very boring individual who is so full of himself I doubt he could manage to talk about anything else. I would love to see Bush's home in Crawford. He has one of the more environmentally friendly houses out there. It was amazing when I read about his home and how he practices what many in my party preach and don't bother to practice. He is an interesting guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2009