Does anger run your life?

You can learn anger control just as you can learn driving and like the latter, you can even master it. If instead of making violence and crime a way to go through life and spoiling the shape of this world, people could just turn around and not give in to this emotion so easily and so quickly, things would be a lot different in the world. We will become more constructive rather than destructive.

Anger control will benefit the whole world - most importantly, it will benefit you.

Are you quick to anger? Does it disrupt your family life? Your relationship with your god/goddess?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon- I think you are reading a lot more into this question than is there. This could easily be something our friend has mearly observed in someone's life,or in our world. Or perhaps, like me it was an issue but she has successfully dealt with it.

OP- anger very nearly ruined my marriage. Anger can either explode outward, or go inward and fester into bitterness. Bitterness is like a cancer it kills off good around it. For me it was bitterness with my husband for some serious mess-ups in his life. It took a very wise older friend to interrupt one of my rants and point out the bitterness. Then it took some serious soul searching and honest evaluation, I messed up in life a lot too. And finally it took choosing to forgive and forget. The past is just that the past, he can't redo it, neither can I. So I choose to forgive and live in now.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• you seems to be having some serious issues this morning judging by your questions. I pray you are able to work these out in your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• IHarU I appreciate your posts. You are putting the mirror up. We all need this. It's very hard at times to to let the anger go. I myself with the help of God and my Priest are working on this.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I don't let anger dictate my life, it takes a lot for me to get angry, but look out when I do!

Answer by older at 10:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Anonymous

There you go presuming to know me again. I'm sitting here, drinking my coffee, happy as a lark, basking in the silence and thinking. There is nothing wrong, I'm having no problems. All is well with me, and I don't seem to understand how the questions I'm posting this morning translate in your mind to me having some kind of issues you think prayer worthy of!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• This is something I could work on. I get angry easily sometimes and look back and wonder why. It makes me get snappy with especially my DF, and I always feel bad about it. I love all these questions about self evaluation! It makes one think about stuff we wouldn't normally, and maybe just help us out.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 11:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Are you quick to anger?
    Sometimes yes.

Does it disrupt your family life?
    Sometimes yes.

Your relationship with your god/goddess?
    Sometimes yes.

I am not perfect. Nor do i strive to be. And anger is a human emotion just like any other. I do not believe that trying to master anger would always be healthy or positive. Sometimes good things come from things that others perceive as bad.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2009