Can vinegar kill a rabbit?

I use vinegar to clean.. I woke up this morning and she's dead. There is a vinegar sponge my dughter was playing with by her dish?. Could this hae caused her to die?

MoonLover06

Asked by MoonLover06 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pets

• From what I have seen online there is no reason vinegar should have hurt her. A lot of websites tell you to use vinegar to clean the rabbit litter boxes and cages. Did she eat some of the sponge? She could have gotten impacted or even choked on it if she did. Other than that I don't have any idea what could have happened.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• No. I don't know why should have died then. She was just fine when I wentt o bed a few hours ago. Hopping around and I scartched her head.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• no that cant be the reason i just sprays vinager on a piece of egg i had outside with my rabbit that got ants on it and he ended up eatting it and is still hoppin around so that cant be the reason how old was the rabbit?
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 6:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• She was 5. She did have full run of my kitchen but I kept the floor clean and there was nothing she could have eaten or chewed on. Well, except for some wood base boards but she only nibbled a little bit. No plastic or electrical wires. She was laying in her litter box when I got up this morning. My daughter played with her but she never got rough.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'm sorry about your bunny! No, I don't think that vinegar would kill a rabbit... I've aways used vinegar to clean out and disinfect the cages that my little critters live in (I've never had a rabbit but I've used it safely with hedgehogs, guinea pigs, and mice/rats.) I'm sorry that your bunny passed, but I don't think the vinegar would have contributed at all.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My sister said she dropped the baby gate on her. Maybe she had internal bleeding? I just wih I could have been with her.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'm so sorry for your loss
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• No the vinegar shouldnt have killed her, but if she ate some of the sponge it could have hurt her. Dropping the baby gate on her could have done some pretty good damage.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2009