Do you believe in God? Ifso, when someone ask you for proof what do you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in many many gods and just as many goddesses. I've only ever been asked of proof here online. But when I am I tell them that proof is in the eye of the believer. My proof of the Gods may be the same thing someone else sees as proof of science or proof of just one god. I have seen the power of the Gods in my life, I have seem my prayers answered and gifts given. But I have also seen the power and wrath of the Gods. And while I do understand there are natural and scientific explanations for these things I also understand that nothing happens by chance. Science has not been able to answer all my questions or explain all the things I have seen in my life without relying on a more powerful source. Magick is a very real part of my life and one that happens to only be satisfactorily explained by believing in a source of these power - A Godless view doesn't explain it to me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I also tend to present them with the burden of proof in counter. I explain that since I see the Gods power in the very world that they see no god in that while they present me with a question of proof that question can be easily flipped...

In the end Proof is something that is up to each individual person to find and can not be something pointed out by another.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Air is real but do you see it?
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• You see the effect of air on the trees and in the water. That's proof of science, not of god.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• God is God he is not obligated to give us proof. Yes there are evidences but not concrete proof. That is where faith comes in.

Think of it another way, if we can prove something then it is less than we are, we prove it, we controle it, it is therefor less than us. Is that the kind of God you want?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Do you believe in God?
    yes i do

If so, when someone ask you for proof what do you say?
    I say to search within themselves for the answer.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I believe in the Divine(aka God and Goddess, a balance).

When people ask for proof...they dont. If they want proof Id tell them to look within cuz I cant and wont try and prove it to them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I say the scientific method is a fantastic physical method of finding proof of Physical things.

but when you're looking for proof of spiritual things, you need to use a spiritual method.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i do. when asked for proof i tell them the truth: there is no "proof". if you need physical proof to believe in God you arent going to find it. you have to search w/in yourself and think for yourself about wither or believe in God or not.

then if they want to know i will tell them the proof that i have found for myself, the reasons i believe. but only if they ask.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• No I don't. And I never ask for proof unless someone is deliberately trying to convince me I need to believe in him. After all I am a bit skeptical and cannot believe in something without a valid reason in doing so. If the christian is telling me God exists they need to show me evidence outside faith. Burden of proof is on the one making a claim.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2009