Do you think Supernanny ever fails?

I watched a particularly disturbing episode of Supernanny the other night and my immediate thought was that child is psycho. Do you think she ever goes into a home and after a few hours says, "Sorry, this kids needs more help than I can give?"

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 10:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm bet she does. I say that Nanny 9-11. They did walk away from a house. At the end, she said she tried, but the parents have to be willing to try. She just left and there was no prize at the end, no hugs, or tears.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I am sure she does. She is not a shrink, she's a nanny. She helps a family work better as a team or a single unit. If someone is particularly uncooperative, or if a child is severely disturbed (like with attachment disorder or something) then I would hope she refers them to professionals.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I bet she screens the families first to find ones that she can help and are willing to be helped.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Anything is possible! If the kid is clearly "disturbed" and can't be cured by Supernanny, the parents need to get a therapist or find an institution, depending on the situation.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• They say there is no cure for attachment disorders (also called sociopaths). Even Supernanny can't get through to them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My sister was on Super Nanny. Her kids are as rotten as they were before Jo Jo came to their house. It is not Jo's fault it is my moron of a sister and her husband who won't discipline their kids. We don't even talk now since her kids on more than one occasion destroyed my home. They are not invited over and I won't go into her chaotic home. My sister will pay for this and I am sure society will when her future felon children are on their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I bet there are. They just don't air those episodes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'm sure of it. I have to wonder how many of those kids stay "fixed" after the cameras are turned off.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would say there is a lot of people who really don't get helped. They may look fixed on tv but I would say most of them go back into the same old habits after a while. I think it is the parents fault most of the time.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• yes of course.
    Some kids need more then just strict discipline.
    and other kids need something else entirely.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2009