Is God trying to tell me something?

forgive me for getting sappy. In about 6 weeks my life will change. I don't know how, but I do know one chapter will close and a new chapter will start. I am excited and scared.

CNN, Facebook and Nickjr have all changed their website. I look outside, leaves are changing. This year our fall foliage is the most beautiful I have ever seen it my entire life. It is a season where one life ends to give the nutrients for new life to begin. Part of my life will end, there is no way around that, but what new life will happen is up in the air and I am so uncertain. All these changes going on, what happens if it is not for the better? Is it possible to want change and things to stay the same? I think that is how I am feeling right now.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 10:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bless you. I hope that you are content in your changed life. Change is part of life. I believe that sometimes it is a way that God tells us something. I have been bitter about being forced out of my job, for example, but I have to admit that my knees are bothering me, so it may be the best thing after all.

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My favorite saying is, If it isn't broke don't fix it! And everything is changing, some things for the worse, and we are all experiencing changes in one way or another. A lot of it sux and some thing if they are going to change need to be for the better not change for the worse.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Well I know the feeling of things are about to change. My hubby just deployed, things have sure changed around here, and he will return in the spring, fits nicely with your symbolism. By the time he returns we will know about the next big change in our lives. I hope your change is a good thing and that it enriches your life.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Well changes happen all around us every day. It is normal to want change and things to stay the same at the same time becuse, you are excited about something new, but scared of the unknown at the same time. There is nothing you can do to except have faith that God knows what is best for you. God Bless!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• someone once told me that if all i saw was the crappy circumstances of life (at the time, i was making a comment about cheap tinsel decor someone had put up at the salon), then all would be crap, indeed. he said, ''..so make a way of change, or bettering the situation.'' (so, i went out and bought what i thought was 'better' decorations.)
    anyhoo, i know you are xtian, so remember this little scripture: ''this is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" (psalm 118:24)..in other words, every day is a gift from God..use it and make the best of it, and be happy!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I should clarify the changes are good. I am achieving a goal that has been in the works for about 20 years. (nobody can accuse me of rushing things) but you know when you live in one comfort zone it is hard and scary to step out and take on a whole new world.

Some things will stay the same. I will have my husband,kids and family no matter how much the other part of my life changes. Like hairnaizi said, we just have to make the best of it and be glad!

Sometimes I wish God would smack me in the head with a note that says DO THIS! My life would be easier.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 12:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Katty .. dont we all!
    Just think of this as a journey.. you will get to see new things unfold that are so precious and you know God is certainly excited about this.. Like a Father who is excited about seeing their child do something new! He is with you every step of the way. His Joy will well up within you and overflow as you take the step from the old to the new.
    Old wineskins cannot handle new wine it will burst so you must step into the new wineskin so it will hold the new wine and it will not burst. He has prepared all things and all you have to do is step into it and let Him do the rest! He will! :-) Have fun, enjoy and fly!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Katty- I was where you are last May. Embrace it. God is doing good things for you. Everything has its season. I am excited for you!
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• It's like the "Calm before the Storm" scenario. Just brace yourself, don’t take it all at once just a step at a time. Someone told me this once: You Will Get Thru This” of my heart-wrenching situation.

Everything will be alright in the end.

Anonymous