Why do people post anon?

I've NEVER posted anon and I have said/asked some controversial things. I haven't gotten hate mail for it, or people burning crosses in my yard... lol

What are people so afraid of? I think they should take the anon button away and maybe people wouldn't be such snobs on here.

GEEEEEEEET A LIFE

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 11:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i thinnk we have several fine examples here, of why people post anon- not they they are ALL being snarky. personally, i think that we should have a section for health/personal related questions that are asked and answered anonymously as a default setting, which can not be changed. i find it highly annoying when people post anon- it truly is a cop out.

but hey, whether or not you can see it, you can smell a troll a mile away.

to answer the anon who just doesn't seem to get why we care- well, because if i have nothing else in this world, i have my integrity, and i like to put a face to an opinion, especially when it is form the opposition. some of us enjoy "honesty"... and aren't paranoid creatures.

and yes... obby dobie is a very common nickname for me- my name is Abby, or "Hey You!", or whatever. and the pictures i posted, are of my lovely children. some one wants to stalk me, they'll meet a high speed projectile. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'm not afraid... I just have always used it and I like it this way. I doubt that your real name is Tashwitz... right.... If you aren't afraid, then post up your real name, address and phone number Sweetie. Let's see how that goes for ya. Anonymous is the way of the internet.... I mean, you aren't dumb enough to actually post real pictures on here, are ya???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I use Anon a lot in certain categories so I wont get bashed. I dont use it to be snarky or snobby towards other people.

Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 11:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• lol you're stupid and my name is Tasha.. so yea not too far away from Tashwitz. And yea my pictures are real as I'm sure most people's are. Some of you people are PARANOID.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 11:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I agree, but to each their own, sometimes I think they want to say something nasty, sometimes I think they are afraid someone is going too bash them, I have had it happen, when some one disagrees with me. If I asked a question, I would prefer someone to answer it anon, if they had good advice, rather than not to answer it at all!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• because they are scared and usually want to bash people but dont want to be bashed themselfs its a way of hiding.... and they are cowards.
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I know SOME people just prefer anon because like the first poster they prefer to stay private. However, the MEAN anon posters you are talking about Tasha are a completely different thing and thanks for the opportunity to say it again:

MEAN ANONYMOUS PEOPLE SUCK!^&*(*&@!!!!! Grr.... pet peeve of mine (as you know, since this is how we met Tasha)! Stay sweet!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I answer anon sometimes but I never say anything rude or snotty. If I can't answer a question respectfully then I usually skip it. I have answered this before and my answer has not changed. I was introduced to this site by my MIL and my mother is also a cafemomer. If I am answering a question about sex or something like that, I would prefer not to have them read that. Some may be comfortable talking about sex in front of mom or MIL but I am not.

I know quite a few people IRL on here that I am not too fond. If I am answering a CM friend with personal info sometimes I don't want those busybodies that I know outside of CM to know that it is me.

If I do find myself in a debate I will not go Anon because if I feel strongly enough to debate, I own that. But even debating I will try to respect the other person(s) even if we can't agree.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Sometimes I answer anon just because it shows up on my page taht I have answered questions. I don't need everyone to know every answer that i post. Sometimes I answer anon because they are personal questions. Sometimes I answer anon because I say things that the original poster might not like (or others for that matter) and I don't want any problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Why do you care so much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2009