How much did you spend at christmas when your kid(s) were 9 months old?

I want Christmas to good for my son who will be 9 months old. I want him to have plenty enough, but don't want to go over board, and I know he probably wont remember it anyway, but I will record it so he can watch it later in life. What do you think? How much did you spend on your babies first Christmas? How much will you spend per child this year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter will be 7 months old this Christmas. We're not going to spend much, maybe just one big toy from us. But our family is going to go overboard so she'll get a lot of presents from aunts & uncles.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• my dd was 5 months old and we got her a few toys and alot of clothes
    my son will be 4 months old and we're getting him clothes b/c we kept all dd's toys
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• oh & this year our dd (who is now 3) will get alot of stuff, dh got a bonus so 1/2 of it is for her christmas($400)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My husband grew up with horrible christmas memories for a child. If mom and dad remembered, that was a miracle in itself. My husband said no matter how little or big our children are, we are going overboard. So my daughter (who will be 10 months old on christmas day) will be getting a ton of stuff. The only reason for this is because he does not want his daughter to grow up how he did. He wants her memories of family to be special. He wants to see his childrens eyes light up on christmas morning.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My daughter was 5 months old last Christmas, and I think we may have spent like $200 give or take. The way I looked at it was this time next year, she will more than likely be too old to play with anything that I got for her . This year I plan on spending quite a bit more because we are going to get her things that she can use for a few years, like a portable dvd player so her rear facing carset won't be so boring! =) I would get him things he needs like clothes, and a few good teaching toys. Like you said, He'll never remember.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• didnt spend any money(6months old).she got tons of stuff from other people and we went on a road trip to visit family.this year she will be 17 months and i am really excited to give her some wrapped gifts we picked out.my parents made christmas great for my brother and i,but i think they didnt have to spend as much as they did.they spoiled us a little too much.it is sweet that you want to make great memories for her.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 11:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Emi's first xmas was last year. I spent nothing. Seriously. She was 3 months old. Her second one is this year. I plan on getting her a card board box to unwrap and wrapping up toys she already has. She has everything she needs and I really don't want to have 8 billion toys around. She likes the paper more anyway.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Almost nothing. Our first baby was 8mo at his first christmas, he got a couple of toys, since we didn't have many yet. But our 4th babay was10mo, and by that time we had TONS of toys, so I just took a toy we already had and wrapped it up for him! That doesn't mean that he got nothing new ... he still had grandparents and cousins who gave him new toys.
    The last 2 years I went overboard on gifts for the kids, this year I'm holding back a bit and choosing my gifts with care.
    ablessedlife

Answer by ablessedlife at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Minimal. One big toy and a few small toys, some clothes, and things they will really need. It's your easiest year for Christmas. This year will start the set of how all the other ones go. If you start small now, you'll be able to help yourself stay small. Remember the true meaning of Christmas is not about a tree full of gifts, but the love you can teach them through the story of God.
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 12:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son was four months old on his first Christmas. Fell asleep before the gift unwrapping even started. He was absolutely spoiled by his relatives, but his father and I didn't buy him anything. This year he will be a year (15months by Christmas) and we are going to keep it down to a minimum. I know he will again be spoiled by his relatives, so what we buy him is only going to be a few things. We plan on doing 2-three interactive/education toys. Whether it be an electronic toy or just a simple puzzle. Though he won't remember this Christmas, I want him to have something just from mom and dad. I know he'll be more interested in the paper and boxes anyhow, but now that he's getting older I want to start showing him the fun parts of Christmas.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009