whens to early to fall in love with your significant other?

so ive been dating my boyfriend for about a month now and other then our 1 fight weve been supper happy and we get along great and we both have children an he doesnt see his as much as mine but hes so good with my kids and my kids like him alot and thats one thing that gets too me because its so hard to find a guy that my kids will like and he does alot for me and them and i think im falling for him and im scared to get hurt idk wut to do?

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• A month. Seriously? Give it time. You don't even really know the guy yet. Relationships are always good for the first coupe of months. What happens in 4 or 5 months when may start being mean to you and your children? Not trying to upset you but thats how women end up hurt. They fall for the first guy that is nice to them and the kids and he turns out to be a total loser. I am not saying that he will I am just saying, give it time to find out just who he is before getting in to deep.

I hope it works out and he really is a great guy because you sound really happy :)
    Anonymous

• A month and your kids are involved? You are risking their feelings. I agree with the PP, relationships are always great for the first couple of months. You're scared to get hurt? How about your kids being hurt when he gets tired of dating you? Not saying it will happen but it might. Or he might turn into his real self in a few months and be abusive and you feel stuck because of your kids. Not a good idea at all. You really should enjoy the beginning and not get your kids involved. You don't know a person until they go through hard times, sickness or whatnot. You don't love someone just because they treat you right.
    Anonymous

• SO? I think he is barely your boyfriend, and I cannot believe you have already introduced him to your kids! I am not picking on you, but the last thing children need is men coming in and out of the picture, your dating life needs to remain seperate, what happens if they bond with him and you end it? I think you need to simmer down and realize that butterfly googly feelings fade, that is lust, love takes much more time than a month! It sounds like he is a nice guy, so what's the rush? Take it slow, date one another, and don't get into something before you know for sure you want to spend the rest of you and your kids life with, good luck! If it is love, it will still be here next year, don't make another mistake!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I fell for my fiancee the first night i met him. I just knew we were meant to be together. Was I scared of getting hurt? Of course I was and I think a lot of people are if they have had their heart broken. Go with your heart and go with the flow. If its going good then I hope it works out for you:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Well, I was engaged to my husband after we'd been dating 2 1/2 months, so for us it did happen quickly (and we've been together for 16 years, married for 14). But neither of us had kids, so that was one huge issue that we didn't have to deal with. It's fine that you are thinking that you are falling in love with him, but you do have kids to think of - both of you - so don't rush into anything. Like other posters have said, take your time and really get to know each other and make sure that he is a person you want to be helping you raise your kids, and is someone that you want as a role model for your kids.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Since you have kids it would be a good idea to wait about a year before you think about having sex or getting married. You have already had a fight, you need to see if that's going to happen once a month. That's a lot.

Did you graduate from high school? It would be great for you to get your GED. It can help a lot with self esteem. You want to be able to help your kids in school. You may be able to get a better paying job.
    Anonymous

• Go slow and see where it takes you. Love is a process not something that you wake up with one day like a cold.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I fell for my husband fast. We meet just after thanksgiving and we got married the end of january. And its almost been 2 years now. I was afraid that i would get hurt. But im happy. And i wouldnt change things for the world. When you know then you know. But because you already have kids i would make sure you take things slow if you decide that you guys will get married. You dont want your kids to get hurt in all of this.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I fell in love with my husband RIGHT away like with in 3 days I honestly knew 100% he was the one, and he confirmed what I was feeling was real because he felt the EXACT same way at the exact same time..we were both afraid to tell eachother though risking chasing one another off..lol its crazy how we were both feeling the same way and having the same fears..it was amazing when we told eachother, I KNEW without a doubt it was true love, NOT lust..no one has ever made me feel the way he does..he is my true soulmate, and here we are 2 years later and more in love then ever, to me this is as close to perfect as a relationship can get, it doesnt get any better then this..i dont care what anyone says we WERE truly in love then, just as much as we are now. My last serious relationship failed miserably and I fell in love with him before he fell in love with me, he never made me feel this way, and it seemed like we were never truly ha
    Italiancouture7

Answer by Italiancouture7 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• ppy
    Italiancouture7

Answer by Italiancouture7 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2009