I have two questions I need advice on

Im on a diet what can one eat that is light.for breakfast and for lunch? and still feel like you have eatten. lol

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 12:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have been on a diet for 2 months-20 lbs to date! I was never a breakfast eater, and now eat 6 small meals a day,eggbeaters, oatmeal with yougurt, veggie scramble, lunch, tuna fish on high fiber bread, or turkey, salad full of veggies with small amounts of dressing, 3 oz cheese, apple and any other fruit and veggie snacks, I have been drinking a drink called fiber full before I eat dinner, trust me only 1 per day or you pay the price--Lol I keep carbs at a minumum, for afternoon snack I eat a high protein bar, check out the labels, you want one with 20 grams of carbs or less, they also make good mid morning snack if you are on the go, good luck, it is sooo hard! I know! PS--drink lots of water!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• PS--forgot to add have your Vitamin D level checked, mine was very low, and this makes your body store fat--good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Make sure that you are getting the appropriate amount of calories...dont starve yourself.I have lost 140 pounds and I just eat healthy.I eat lots of fruits and veggies,whole grains,proteins,lean meats etc.I always make sure I eat a healthy breakfast which is either high fiber oatmeal and fruit.I also never deprived myself either.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day, and should be your biggest meal; dinner should be your smallest.
    Oatmeal with a grated apple; yogurt with a kiwi and granola; scrambled egg with spinach, a little cheese and a piece of whole grain toast; a whole wheat tortilla with refried beans, a scrambled egg and salsa; etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Breakfast a good one I do is 3/4 cups egg beaters (not egg whites those taste bad), pepper onion mix from frozen food section (normally on sale for $1), fresh mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms with a 1 tsp of olive oil, the veggies microwave with 1 tsp olive oil. Then cook the eggs. After they are done mix everything together. If your a carb person get the 35 cal wheat bread and sugar free jelly. I usually do 1 slice and I think all together it is 4-5 weight watchers points.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 2:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• FIBER will fill you in the morning and now studies are showing eating eggs (2 a day) is perfectly healthy even if your cholesterol is elevated, and eggs make you feel full.
    Oatmeal and eggs, honey! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009