Can Daycares "refuse" some children?

Do Daycares get to choose which children they will take care of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes they can esp. home daycare, did this happen to you? You didn't say what the reason was, so that would depend on if Legally a center with more than 15 employees could refuse a child, anything less than that they are not subject to the same laws as one that large.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I suppose they should if they don't believe they are equipped to properly care for your child.
    Anonymous

• Of course they can.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Can they discriminate? Yes and they do it. They tell you they are full and they will put you on a list. I told them my son had downs syndrome, they were all full, and they would put him on a list, and they never ever called me. They did this without ever meeting him. My suggestion would be to call first, go to the place, inspect it, write the check right there and bring your child in on monday.Good Luck! Are they supposed to discriminate? If they are recieving state funding they better not, or they can lose it.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2009