Please i need some opinions on what to do...TMI

I am 37 weeks, i felt fine when i woke up this morning but about 10 min after i had been awake i felt crampy in my legs, then i felt like i had to poop. So i went to the bathroom. I figured i was constipated but i push and push and nothing comes out but mucusy poo(TMI). I have bad leg cramps from my hips to my toes my stomach hurts. I feel so much pressure on my back and butt. And i notice i am swollen 'down there' the pain comes and goes and it hurts so bad in my back. But my stomach isnt getting hard. It has only gotten tight 3 times. I dont know what it is. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're just really constipated. That's why you passed mucus instead of a good stool. It's completely safe to take Phillip's Milk of Magnesia while pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I'd send dad to the pharmacy to get a Fleet enema

Answer by admckenzie at 1:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yep, Fleet's enemas are safe for pregnancy too. The relief would come faster if your comfortable with using one.

In the future, start drinking 1 glass of Metamucil before bed to prevent this from happening again. As the baby gets bigger, he smooshes your intestines and can make bowel movements difficult.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2009