Work rights during pregnancy...

This morning, I woke up with terrible morning sickness and vomiting, so I called my boss and told her I might not be able to make it in today. She told me she does NOT allow morning sickness as an excuse and I needed to try to make it into work as soon as possible and was just very RUDE. She doesn't have any children and has never been pregnant, so I don't feel that she could ever know what morning sickness feels like and how awful it can be. She even critisized me and asked me how I was supposed to manage 2 children, work, and school. I have been working there for 9 months now and have NEVER called off sick. The only time I ever called in was when I was in the ER, because I was in a car accident and was bleeding from my head and the doctor told me I may have a concussion. Anyway, my question is this: Are there any laws or rules stating that a pregnant woman is allowed to miss work if she is sick or anything like that?

MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Asked by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• No answers yet