What is the worst experience you've had at a hotel??

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 12:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We stayed at a Quality Inn and my son found a used condom in the middle of the floor! He picked it up and asked me what it was. I thought I was going to die when I saw him holding it. Needless to say, our room was comped that night.
    Anonymous

• Two summer's ago i went to Wildwood NJ with my boyfriend and it was a hotel right near the beach. Well we wanted to take our little dog with us so we found this cute hotel and it was a hotel specifically for familys with pets and allowed pets in their hotel, well we figured we only needed a one bedroom hotel when we get in there the place was a complete scum pit, the bed that we had wasnt even a whole bed it was a double bed with a chunk missing purposly on the left side of the bed to put drinks on so the whole vacation we got to sleep on a single & a half sized bed. Worst hotel to date.
    Mommy2babie

Answer by Mommy2babie at 12:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My husband (before he was my husband) got a hotel room once near me - he was deciding whether or not to move here --- long story -- irrelevant...

Well, he didn't want to carry all his cash with him, so he kept some $$ out of his wallet to take with & went to hide the walles between the mattresses... and found a BUNCH of porn stuck in there LOL

So, we take it to the front office & complain that the room hadn't been cleaned because this would've been found when the sheets were changed. They apologized & said they'd clean the room immediately

So, we decide to take the wallet w/ us anyways... go out for a couple of hours, come back.. and the room had been cleaned. BUT when we checked the mattresses again, they had REPLACED the porn! LOL With some magazines with all black chicks, too, for some reason.

Needless to say, we didn't get freaky there - convinced there were hidden cameras stashed somewhere LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• having sex and while giving my man a serious BJ themaid walked in........like we didnt hear her but could she not hear what was going on?talk about lack of communication
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My (now) ex and I were on a roadtrip from CT to AZ. It was day 3 and we were tired after 16 hours of driving. We saw an advertisement for EconoLodge $40/night. We passed the exit, and discussed turning around so we did. We were in Albequerque, NM. We had our big pitbull dog with us too. So we get the room, put a few of our things in there, along with the dog and leave to go eat at the restaraunt across the plaza. About 30min later we return to our hotel door wide open and some guy (nicknamed Lucky, imagine that!) walking our dog! We were furious!!! Turns out he had a room on the first floor which had a broken fridge. He had just gone food shopping and needed a working fridge so he switch rooms. The lady at the front desk (who didnt speak much english) gave him OUR room and the key to OUR room, which she had just given us about 30min prior. We thought things were missing from our room so we had the cops come... (contnued)
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• ... We waited about an hour for the cops to come. It turns out nothing was missing, just some things our dog had knocked on the floor. Lucky had saved our dog by grabbing his leash, catching him and holding onto him... otherwise he couldve run onto the freeway and been killed. All in all, the hotel made us leave and gave us our money back. Us, and Lucky. Our car was literally packed full so we couldnt even give him a ride somewhere with all his groceries.
    To top it off, we go to the hotel across the plaza to get a room, and they told us that since EconoLodge and that hotel were owned by the same company, we couldnt stay there. We ended up spending over $100 on a hotel room. And EconoLodge never apologized, even though we made an official complaint. Last time I ever stay at an EconoLodge. I hope that lady was fired.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Haha amen serioussifL! My husband and I stayed at the Econolodge in Newport OR and it was the WORST hotel I've stayed in. I felt like I was getting STD's by breathing. Not only was it filthy and had horrible service, but the maids opened our food in the fridge and ate half of it. Not very sneaky.
    Anonymous

• I was about 10 and my brother was about 5, we were on a trip to Alaska with my parents, the travel agency had booked seperate rooms all through the trip, we thought that was awesome until we arrived at this hostel so deep in the woods you had to take a Jeep to get to it. It was very far out in the wilderness, and my brother and I wanted to stay in our parents room, but they only had twin beds and no cots or anything. Anyway we finally got to sleep when the door opened and a Japaneese man came in to our room screaming at why were we there and cursing at us in broken English! We ran down to the lobby, and the clerk had to come get him out, he was drunk and the skeleton key he had, worked in our room as well. We went back to our room and once again went to sleep finally, the next thing you know we woke up to a BEAR standing over our beds! It was one of the dumb clerks with a bear head on! He scared us to death!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Me and my husband were staying at the delux inn in san antonio texas and they6 were doing construction on the floor above us. And they never told us about it. Then they refused to change our room or give us a refund. I was pissed! And because of the construction the water was shut off for over half the day.
    Anonymous

• The night my husband and I were married, we decided to drive half-way to our honeymoon destination. Let's just say we had a great time that night! :) Well the next morning we both went and jumped in the shower only to find there was NO hot water!! I had to wash my hair because it was so stiff from all the hair spray. So we washed really quick and I got out and stuck my head in the sink to wash my hair. I'd rather get my head cold than my whole body!!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2009