Do you write little notes in your son/daughters lunch just to make them smile

My little girl (6 years old) loves it she says to me everyday after she gets off the bus " Mommy i got your heart" because i cut the paper into a heart lol and then I usually give her a little piece of candy and its so cute. The littlest things make her day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sometimes
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• No, ours eat at school... I pop in and have lunch with them at school, they love it!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I once saw a second grade boy with a note from his parents in his lunch. I was close enough to read it, "We Love You! Remember not to play with Mr. Weenie!" I thought it was so funny.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 1:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son just graduated this year, but while he was in school, I wrote little things on his napkin everyday with hearts & smiley faces. I would write scriptures, little pieces of advice, famous quotes, & little tidbits of wisdom, things like that. I recently found out that he saved them all & he had the most popular lunch table at school with everyone anxious to hear what the napkin had to say.

My husband works from home now, but when he went to work & took a lunch, I wrote little love notes on his napkins too.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• She can't read yet, but I have always put little smiley faces and hearts on the ziplock bags and tupperware. Lately I've been writing the names of what is inside in spanish and english to help her recognize words, but I still make the hearts and smileys too.
    lizafif

Answer by lizafif at 1:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• When they pack I always write on their napkin, or stick a cute sticker in their bag for them to have.

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Sometimes
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Sometimes I get flower or heart shaped Post-It notes and will put a note in. Especially on special days like the first day of school or important test days.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 5:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My 6 year old loves it, and if I happen to forget, she gets onto me about it!!

My 8 year old informed me that it's "not cool" for him to get notes from his Mom. I think I'll ignore that, and keep sending them!! LOL
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I do when my daughter takes cold lunch. She loves it! She is in 1st grade n learing to read, so i clearly make it simple. I think it just kinda reminds her of how much i love her n how much she means to me. I wish someone would do that for me. LOL
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 4:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009