Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i get him to pay?

okay ladies i have a child support question my ex husband has a court order to pay child support we have been divorced for 6 years it took the courts a long time to find him but they finally did he was made to pay and i have not gotten anything since august i called the div.of child support in my area and theysay they are working on it i have his ss# his new address(out of my state) i even called the state he is in and they claim nothing can be done untill my state send paperwork to them i just do not get it he is working and he is in the union so can they no pull him up....we are not on any pa but this is really pissing me off ......any suggestions i donot want to dish out anymore cash on a private lawyer when i got my divorce i paid an arm and a leg and he is still not doing what he is supposed to be doing

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Theres nothing you can do as far as I know. I'm in the same situation. The only thing is that if he gets stopped by the police for doing ssomething and they run his name, theyre required to take him to jail on a failure to pay CS charge. Other then that, everyon just expects you to just be patient and wait for his deadbeat ass to give you your money. The system is so screwed up when it comes to things like that. My wonderfull ex hasn't paid anything in about 4 years and everytime he thinks they're catching up to him he moves to another state. Good Luck though, I hope your situation never gets as bad as mine :)

    Answer by Shyma at 1:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

  • he is in the union they should be able to send the order to his employer so the CS comes out of his check. I went through 13 yrs of hell trying to get my ex to pay and every freaking time we went to court he said he wasn't working when in fact he was selfemployeed and not filing taxes so I feel your pain mamma! Unfortunately the CS system is so screwed up that the laws (atleast in NY) actually make it very easy for a parent to not pay and hell for the parent who is supposed to be getting the money to get anything done without paying a lawyer. I never did get a lawyer for CS b/c I refused to spend money I didn't really have to make him obey the law and actually argued with the judge the last time b/c he told me if I had a lawyer the court would have been able to uphold the order better! Anyway keep calling and file a violation of the order, the threat of jail time might make him pay up. Good luck:)

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

  • oh it has been he hadnot paid for like the first 2years the court order was 1000month he came back to court to get it reduced and they reduce it i asked they judge how can you reduce zero? he is about 15000 behind with my twokids (he has 7total)i finally started getting 550 in january and he has left his job thats how he did it he was getting paid cash (he is a welder)then he just hops from job tojob its been a roller coaster ride i try to work with th child support ladies sometime they get annoyed like you said i am supposed to just sit back and wait while he has a house z9in girlfriends name) two cars and gets a pedicure every week how can that be done with seven kids?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

  • i know if u go to welfare for cash assitance they will get money from them by them selfs. if he doent pay they still give u money and issue a warrent for his arrest either way u get ur money

    Answer by angelairelan at 2:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

  • thank you angelairelan but i am not eligible for welfare when we first got divorce i was in college and was on pa and even then they could not find him if you are talking about TANF its like only 100$or so and in my county you have to volunteer at the cs office (a friend of mine going through similar mess) that wont even cover my gas for tha week .

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.