I'm 90% sure I'm in labor, but I have to poop so bad! Besides castor oil is there anything else I can do to get this poop out of me?

I feel like the poop is suppressing my labor or something- that and it's just uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh congrats, I know this is gross but go get a fleet enema, you will feel better and it will help!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Do you have a fleet enema? that's what the hospital would give to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• That "poop" you are feeling may be the baby. Better get to the hospital and get checked. If you need an enima you can have it there.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Are you sure its poop? When I had my daughter I thought I had to poop and it wasnt poop at all it was the pressure of her pushing down, I thought I had to go all afternoon and especially right as she was born I seriously thought I was going to lose control of my bowels but it was just the baby.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• enemas are great. You can also use a glycerin suppository. It doesn't cause any cramping or fluid balance change, it just makes it easier and less painful to go. I agree, you should probably get checked out as well.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 1:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Mix KARO SYRUP with hot water - CHEERS and Good Luck!
    chloesmom129

Answer by chloesmom129 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The urge to poop when in labor is part of labor and not necessarily that you have to poop...it's the pressure of the baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• "That "poop" you are feeling may be the baby. Better get to the hospital and get checked. If you need an enima you can have it there."

---I ditto this!
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yep what everyone else is saying.. That feeling you are having could very well be the baby coming. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom so bad but it was because I was ready to push.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• btw, they will not give you an enema atleast around here anyway ... There is no reason for it..
    KalebsMommee