How to wash knitted clothes?

Ive gotten lots of little knitted booties and blankets and hats for my baby. Im not exactly sure how to wash them... Will they get messed up in the washer?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 1:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use the gentle and small cycle. You could put them, especially the booties, in one of those mesh bags- if you don't have one you can get them in the dollar store. Or you can also hand wash them. Woolite is nice for handwashing.

Answer by Bmat at 1:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• You could use the gentle cycle, but I'd recommend hand-washing them and drying them under low heat.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• We have a lot of hand knitted and crocheted items we throw them in the wash like usual. If you they look more delicate I would use the gentle cycle. Enjoy those are the best, I love the love in them.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I use the gentle cycle and use a mesh (cheesecloth) bag to protect them from being pulled by the other clothes. I would air dry them or dry on low heat afterward.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Phew! Thanks for posting this question, I was just about to ask the same thing! Gentle cycle it is then!
    Anonymous