Why is Mary so important?

Before you start I'm NOT the anon troll. Most times I do use my name. This is just a chance for those who believe in her importance to express it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i haven't read the answers.. but i wanted to express what i feel and believe about Mary. Mary is important because she was chosen to be the mother of the messiah Jesus Christ. She came from a pure family and she was pure. Her mother had asked for a righteous son but God instead bestowed mary upon her, knowing full well her place in this world. Mary was given the glad tiding of a son without NO father. She gave birth to The prophet Jesus. We have high love and respect for Mary. She is one of the most complete women in religion. As a muslim i admire her strength and her love for God. I do not think she is devine or that i can pray or ask her for anything. She is one of the best women known to mankind. May Allah be well pleased with her.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I dont pray to her, but the importance in her is that she is the mother of Jesus and being hand picked by God himself is pretty spectacular.
    Anonymous

• Because she's the 1st and only chick that can use divine impregnation as an excuse on why she got knocked up. I mean...no one else could EVER use that one! You gotta give her credit...it was GENIUS!
    Anonymous

• The Catholic Church decided to make her important.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ. She raised him, was there for most the major events in His life - including His torture, death and resurrection. (I can't imagin what it would be like to watch my child tortured and killed.) When we love someone as we love Jesus we should embrase His family and all those He loves - for that is the essance of real love and that would include Christ's mother as well.

She is an example for all of us - saying "yes" to God's will for her. Someone we should look up to for her unfailing trust and love of her son. We can see through her God's promise of everlasting life for his followers being fulfilled. She is part of the Body of Christ and we know that she will follow Christ's teachings to help and pray for others.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• she is important because she is the mother of God
    Anonymous

• No you are not the anon troll because there is no anon troll. You are just a Catholic who wants other Catholics to defend the false teaching the Catholic religion does about Mary.
    Anonymous

• uh, here we go again.
    Anonymous

• Luke 1:42 - And she cried out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

Luke 1:45 - And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.

Luke 1:48 - For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave;
    For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous :No you are not the anon troll because there is no anon troll. You are just a Catholic who wants other Catholics to defend the false teaching the Catholic religion does about Mary.

you are the Catholic bashing troll?
    Anonymous