Have you started Christmas shopping yet? If not when will you start?

I started last week and everyone I know acts like I am crazy. I just like to be prepared and have everything I want to get before all the crazy seasonal shopping starts. I hate going out when it is so crazy. Can't find parking, people bumping into me...etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah, we started. We're doing it for budgeting reasons. We're buying $200 worth of presents each month.
    Anonymous

• Nope, havent started.
    We dont usually start til November/December(but NOT the day after Thanksgiving LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• We are done with Christmas shopping. I have one child I got him about 20 gifts throughout the year. I buy for my 8 nieces and nephews throughout the year. I get my parents and my inlaws something. My siblings and I have agreed to not buy for each other. We are going to sponsor the same family we did last year for Christmas I bought what they said they needed and am done. I hate shopping so when I have to go to the store I pick up toys, clothing and other things on sale.
    Anonymous

• We have already started. I am usually finished by thanksgiving every year. If I am not done by then, I order stuff online. I don't go out shopping in Dec it is way to crazy for me. We also start shopping early to spread out the spending.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yes I order off line and have to make sure it get here. So for the major things I am done, I will buy some stocking stuffers still
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• last year we didnt go until 3 weeks before ! ...but this year we are going at the begining of november...but i have already picked out some of the things that we are getting, and have actually got my son one of his..stashed in my closet lol...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• last min.
    Our christmas check in the 18th of dec.
    Anonymous

• Our christmas shopping starts in august after all of the birthdays end, toys get more expensive towards christmas time. Whcih sounds ridiculous but that's what my mom always taught me. We haven't been able to get my son much this year but it's not what you get so much as who you're spending your time with and I would like to imagine that even though he will only get like two presents he'll still have a good christmas because he'll be with his family. Hell my husband and I gave up our christmas presents entirely just to afford his so if he doesn't appreciate it I think it might break my heart.
    Anonymous

• I'm almost done, and the few things I have left to buy, I already know what I'm getting and just haven't ordered them yet.
    Anonymous

• Yep - I like to make a lot of my own gifts so I have all the supplies order and here already. I order or buy early the ones I'm not going to make so I feel like I have it under control and freed up to make the rest. I'm about 3/4 of the way done w/the ones I buy and will start the crafting soon!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2009