When do you typically lose your mucus plug?

I know, I know - I should know the answer to this question. Lol! It is my 4th baby. I am due in 5 weeks and am losing my mucus plug. That seems earlier then my other kids. (Plus I am REALLY hoping it means I don't have 5 more long weeks to go! :-)

micheledo

Asked by micheledo at 3:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I lost mine about a month before having my DD. I dont remember with the other two..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• well not everyone loses their mucus plug and when you do it's still a 50 50 shot that you will go into labor what you really need to look for is your bloody show but because it is your 4th you probably will go into labor a bit earlier i'd say around 37-38wks gl
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Thanks guys! I realize it could mean absolutely nothing! But you always hope when you get to that final stretch, that it won't be too long!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• ya it varies a lot. i lost my about 3 days before my son was born, but that was all after 40 weeks =) good luck
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Anywhere from 1-2 weeks before birth, the white mucus came out, and the bloody show would come just a couple of days before birth.
    Anonymous